Sunday, November 4, 2007

3 - Arthur Verocai




Arthur Cortes Verocai at age 62 is a living master. A wonderful composer/songwriter/producer who comes from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His self titled album which has been recently reissued stands as one of my favorite albums of all time. In his words, "I always wanted to compose soundtracks in great style, as in the cinema, but this wasn't possible with television work," he says. "My opportunity came when I was recording this album. I created a rhythmic cell in the acoustic guitar with the harmonic line. I added bass and the non-conventional drums and the percussion with a very smooth orchestration in blocks (four trumpets and a flute) plus the delicate touch of the strings (12 violins, 4 violas and 4 cellos). At the end of the song, Oberdan Magalhães played and sang with his flute."

I highly recommend this album as an overall classic.

Recently Arthur sat down with Redbull Music Academy. Not only has age improved his playing, but he gives a ton of insight to the era of his music.

Arthur Verocai pt.1 68k 256k
Arthur Verocai pt.2 68k 256k
Arthur Verocai pt.3 68k 256k

Definitely worth your time.

No comments: